Classes and Education
C.A.L.M. for High School Students (Palo Alto)
C.A.L.M. for High School Students "Cultivating Awareness to Live Mindfully"
"Cultivating Awareness to Live Mindfully"
Want to help your teen:
- Reduce stress and anxiety?
- Increase resiliency and wellbeing?
- Strengthen their ability to focus and pay attention?
- Improve relationships?
- Manage their own reactions and emotions?
- Feel more at ease with test taking?
"Mindfulness is the practice of purposefully paying attention to your experiences, moment-to-moment, with complete awareness, curiosity and kindness"- Sarah Newman, Instructor
C.A.L.M. is a 3-session interactive mindfulness class introducing teenagers to the practical tools and techniques that bring awareness, calm and clarity to their lives -and how a "mindfulness practice" works to reduce unnecessary stress, worry and anxiety.
In this course teens will learn:
- The fundamentals of Mindfulness-meditative breathing and specific techniques
- How to develop their own personal practice
- How to apply the principles in their daily lives
- And equip themselves to achieve better balance and more smoothly navigate life's ups and downs
Where & When
|Date||January 14, 2017|
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
|Time||1:30 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Cost||$120 per person|
|Venue||Palo Alto Center, 67 Encina Building|
67 Encina Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301
|Map||View MapOpens in new window|
For more information or to register call 650-853-2960 or use our online registration form below.Register online for this class
Invite a Friend
Feel free to invite others. Send them an e-mail invitation to this event.Send an InviteOpens in new window