Joint Replacement Services
At the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF), our team of orthopedic doctors will explore conventional treatments prior to determining whether or not a patient is a candidate for joint replacement. Conventional treatments include physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications and use of a cane or walker to relieve strain on the joint.
To find out if you are a candidate for joint replacement, please call to make an appointment, 650-934-7111.
Our doctors will provide a thorough examination to evaluate the existing problem. Once it is determined joint replacement is the best option for you, you and your doctor will set an appointment for surgery. You will then be contacted by a member of the El Camino Hospital Joint Replacement Program to set up a pre-surgery meeting. This meeting will include the following:
- Pre-admission nursing interview to discuss your medical history
- A meeting with a financial counselor to discuss your insurance coverage and costs
- A pre-operative joint replacement class which will provide information for pre- and post-surgical needs, answer your questions and provide a take-home Patient Guide
Following your surgery, a member of our staff will follow your progress. It is important to have follow-up appointments as recommended by the surgeon. Patients are encouraged to contact the joint replacement department with all questions or concerns.
Back to top
To find more information about joint replacement, please visit these Web sites:
- El Camino Hospital Joint Replacement Program
- New Hip News is a Web site dedicated to providing information on the anterior hip replacement approach and is provided by OSI, Orthopedic Systems, Inc.
- Pace with Life is a Web site provided by Zimmer, a global leader in the provision of high-quality, hands-on education for patients and caregivers.
- Stryker is a leading developer of orthopedic products and services. The Joint Replacement department at the Mountain View Center utilizes the Stryker products.
Back to top