Pediatric Travel Counseling and Immunization
Manisha Panchal, M.D.
Shared Medical Appointment (PTCI-SMA)
Traveling to India with your child? Join us for a Pediatric Travel Medicine Shared Medical Appointment (SMA), where you can spend 90 minutes with Dr. Manisha Panchal and other patients who are traveling to India with their children for travel counseling, immunization and a question/answer opportunity.
What will happen at the visit?
- You and your child will meet with Dr. Panchal and other patients traveling to India.
- You will be asked to sign a financial waiver and confidentiality waiver during your check in.
- Travel medical conditions will be discussed & questions will be answered.
- Medical information will be entered into each patient's medical chart.
- Dr. Panchal will meet with each patient/family and order appropriate travel immunizations and prescriptions.
- You will participate in discussion of raising healthy and happy eaters
- Learn about travel risks, precautions, prevention of infection, immunizations, first aid and seeking medical treatment while abroad.
- Immunizations will be administered
Do I need to do anything to prepare?
- Request a referral from your Primary Care Physician (Optional)
- Please call your insurance prior to your visit to check for travel visit and immunization coverage as some travel services may or may not be covered
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the appointment.
- Please bring your infant/child with you to our group visit
When: Selected Thursdays 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Jan 26, April 20, May 11, June 1, Sept. 28, Oct. 5, Oct. 26, Nov. 9, Nov. 30 (2017)
PAMF Santa Clara Pediatrics Center
2652 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the appointment (3:30 pm).
Your insurance will be billed for your visit. IMPORTANT: Please note not all insurances cover travel immunizations. Please contact your insurance prior to your visit to ensure coverage. You will be asked to sign a "Non-Covered Services Waiver" upon arrival.
For questions or to register, call (650) 934-7455 and visit PAMF Shared Medical Appointments.
The goal is to provide our patients with high quality medical care, prompt access, more time with the physician and the support of other patients dealing with similar medical issues.
Back to top