Volunteer Program | Santa Cruz
Do you like meeting new people and helping others?
PAMF in Santa Cruz is currently seeking dedicated volunteers for their volunteer programs who can help us put a smile on every patient's face and add a personal touch to the care patients receive.
About VolunteeringOur volunteers assist with a number of tasks, including:
- Greeting patients
- Staffing general information desks
- Guiding patients to various locations and departments on the campus
- Calling cabs
- Providing wheelchair assistance and transportation
- Helping patients navigate the parking lots
- Setting out magazines in waiting areas
- Generally making patients and guests comfortable through simple kindnesses such as offering a listening ear or a glass of water
Program BenefitsThere are many benefits of volunteering:
- The satisfaction of helping others by making patients feel comfortable and letting them get through their visits as efficiently as possible
- "Get acquainted" luncheons and special events with guest speakers
- 4 hour shifts, Monday through Friday
- Shifts are from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 12 to 4 p.m
- Most volunteers work once or twice a week, and interested volunteers are asked to make a one-year commitment.
Volunteers must be willing to be stationed at various areas throughout PAMF Santa Cruz.
In addition, interested volunteers must be:
- 16 years old or older
- Willing to undergo a background check, drug test, TB and MMR blood test, and MMR, TDAP and chicken pox immunizations. Volunteers must maintain current flu vaccinations during designated seasons.
- Willing to review and certify that they will uphold all confidentiality, safety, HIPAA and infection control policies.
- Able to attend an intake meeting. These occur twice a month.
For more information, please contact Volunteer Services at (831) 458-6623 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.