Asthma Management Program
Quality asthma education provided by board certified asthma educators.
We help our patients take control of their asthma.
We work with you and your doctor to help you:
- Maximize your quality of life
- Participate in normal activities
- Prevent asthma attacks
- Maintain healthy lungs
- An initial individual 60 to 90 minute appointment
- Pulmonary (lung) function testing (when applicable, for patients five years of age and older)
- Ongoing support and individualized care
Your Initial Visit Includes
- An explanation of asthma
- Identification of your triggers and causes of asthma
- Recognition of early warning signs
- Review of your medication and equipment
- An asthma action plan
- Address your questions and concerns
We track outcomes data of our patients to ensure the quality and effectiveness of our asthma education. Our outcomes data includes information on the following:
- Referrals & patients seen by month
- Referral sources
- Risk categories for people whose asthma is not under control
- Average number of visits for wheezing
- Average number of acute flares visits
- Average number of prescriptions for systemic steroids
- Average number of acute flares per year
- Average number of nebulizer treatments per year
Feedback from Patients
Since 2005, the Asthma Management Program has provided excellent quality and service to thousands of our patients. Here is what our patients are saying about our program:
"It helped me to understand asthma and not to ‘just treat.’ Thanks!"
"Very clearly explained the dynamics of asthma."
"Even though we already know a lot, we learned more and were re-motivated to keep environmental control and monitor our son regularly."
"Very helpful. I appreciate the amount of time that was spent. I wish I would have known about this sooner."
"I learned many new things about the medicines I am taking and how to take them correctly. The appointment helped a lot. I feel more confident now to take care of my daughter’s asthma."
"Ella es muy buena, me explicó muy bien todo para que yo pudiera entender, aprendí cosas nuevas sobre el asma; es muy amable y la recomiendo mucho, gracias.”
Back to top
For an appointment contact one of the offices belowAE-C: Certified Asthma Educator
Call: (831) 458-5577
Stacy Messing, RCP AE-C
Ray Joseph, RCP AE-C
Sylvia O'Reilly, R.N., AE-C
Call: (925) 875-6100
Tina Perkins, R.N. AE-C
Call: (510) 498-2981
Lorelei Janis, R.N. AE-C
Los Gatos Center
(San Jose/Los Gatos)
Call: (408) 523-3640
Kim Rozanski, LVN, AE-C
Call: (650) 934-7888
Terri Garner, R.N. AE-C