Free Weight Loss Surgery
If You Suffer from Obesity,
We Can Help
The experts at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation can help you reduce the serious health problems—both emotional and physical—that can result from obesity. Our surgeons are highly trained in the latest minimally-invasive weight loss surgery procedures, including gastric bypass, stomach band placement and vertical sleeve gastrectomy.
Take the first step
These highly informative sessions are designed to help you:
- Meet and hear directly from one of our licensed bariatric surgeons, registered dietitians and behaviorists
- Evaluate whether this life-changing surgery is appropriate for you
- Learn about the different types of surgeries available and the specific eligibility criteria for each
- Understand how your diet and lifestyle will change in order to support safe, effective and long-lasting weight loss
- Hear from a current patient in our program about his or her experiences with weight loss surgery and lifestyle changes
Who is eligible for weight loss surgery?
To be eligible, you must have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 40 alone, or a BMI between 35 and 40 (between 30 and 40 for the Allergan LAP-BAND® System) with diseases associated with obesity, such as diabetes, high blood pressure or sleep apnea.
Calculate your BMI
We have information sessions in Burlingame, Fremont, Los Gatos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Carlos and Santa Cruz.