Pouch Baked Snapper with Heirloom Tomatoes and White Wine Recipe
1 ea sheet of aluminum foil large enough to hold everything
2 lbs red snapper fillets or any other white fish
1 cup medium red onions, sliced
1 lb small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½ inch dice
1 lb heirloom tomatoes, sliced
5 tb extra virgin olive oil
2 ea lemons, sliced into 5 pieces each
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and move oven rack to center of oven.
- Place the fish, onions, potatoes and tomatoes onto the center of the foil wrap.
- Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the lemon slices (6 ea) and parsley on top of the fish and vegetables.
- Fold the foil into a pouch leaving a small opening at the top.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Seal the pouch and place on a baking sheet then put on center rack in the oven.
- Allow to bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. BE CAREFUL WHEN OPENING POUCH!! Steam will be hot.