Balsamic Glazed Salmon with Spinach, Olives, and Golden Raisins Recipe
4 tbs olive oil
1 ea 9-ounce bags spinach leaves
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 ea 5-ounce salmon fillets with skin
3 thyme sprigs
1 garlic clove, cracked by hand
1/3 cup (about 1 very large) chopped shallots
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved, or chopped
¼ cup white wine
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbs honey
- Pour a few tablespoons of water and 2 tbs olive oil into heavy bottomed large skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 bag spinach (skillet will be full). Using tongs, toss spinach until most of leaves have wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining spinach leaves. Turn and toss spinach until just wilted but still bright green. Season the spinach with salt and pepper. Transfer cooked spinach to strainer set, over bowl.
- Wipe skillet dry.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan then heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place in skillet, skin side up. Sear until brown, about 3 minutes; turn fish. Cook until just opaque in center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and transfer to plate. Keep warm but not hot.
- Add the last 1 tablespoon of olive oil to same skillet.
- Add the thyme sprigs, garlic, shallots and halved olives to the pan. Sautee for about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine, golden raisins, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Allow to reduce until it starts to resemble a glaze. Remove from heat and Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound spinach mixture on plates. Top with salmon then the glaze.