Chicken Braised in Pimentos and White Wine with Asparagus Recipe
3 tb extra virgin olive oil
6 ea boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tb kosher salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup yellow onions, diced
1 tb chopped garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1 lb roasted red peppers, diced
1 ½ cups low fat chicken stock
1 lb asparagus, sliced across.
3 tb fresh rosemary, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken in the hot pan until golden on both sides. Remove chicken breasts. Keep warm.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic until soft. NO COLOR.
- Add the wine to the pan and allow it to simmer for a minute or so.
- Stir in the roasted peppers, stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the chicken to cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus. Place cover back on pan and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Check and re-season as desired.
- Stir in the rosemary and serve.