Seared Organic Chicken Breast with Apples with Wild Mushrooms Recipe
4 each boneless chicken breast halves.
“Mrs. Dash” seasoning to taste
4 tbs All purpose flour
4 tbs olive oil
1 ¼ lb oyster mushrooms (or button), sliced
2 each large shallots, diced
2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and diced
1 ½ cups low-salt chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
1 ½ tbs fresh thyme, chopped, or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
1 ½ tbs fresh tarragon, chopped, or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with Mrs. Dash then dust liberally with flour.
- Heat the olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet along with the shallots and apples. Sauté until mushrooms are cooked through and juices are reduced to a glaze, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth and wine to the skillet. Bring the liquid to a boil then simmer until reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet along with the thyme and tarragon. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and liquid thickens to a sauce-like consistency, about 6 minutes.
- Re-season with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken and sauce to plates.
For those with mouth sores or oral cancers, consider pureeing this recipe. To make one serving:
Combine 1 cooked chicken breast from above, 1 cup warm chicken stock and 1 cup of the vegetables into a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust stock for desired consistency.