Grilled Cured Pork Tenderloin with Spiced Apple Sauce Recipe
1 1/2 cup granny smith apples, peeled and diced
1 cup pears, pepped and diced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tb garlic, chopped
1 tb spicy mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tb kosher salt
2 lbs pork tenderloins
Apple Sauce Chutney:
1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple sauce (organic)
1/4 cup raisins
2 tb finely-chopped ginger root
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/16 tsp ground cloves
1/2 ea cinnamon stick or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Put the pork in a heavy duty zip lock bag then pour the apple mixture into the bag with the pork.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible then seal the bag.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 2 days. (One week would be ideal so plan ahead!!)
- Combine all the ingredients in a non corrosive pan.
- Bring to a simmer then set heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, cook chutney for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and allow to cool to room temperature.