Pumpkin Panna Cotta Recipe
(serves 16 - 4 oz. desserts)
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups ½ and ½
4 cups pumpkin puree
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup cold water
2 each “Knox” gelatin packets
2 cups gingersnap cookies, ground fine
- Place everything, except water and gelatin, into a stainless steel pot.
- Whisk everything together over medium low heat.
- When mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and allow it to steep for about 10 minutes.
- While cream mixture is steeping, combine the gelatin and cold water together then let sit for about 5 minutes (or until gelatin has absorbed the liquid).
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat then whisk in the gelatin until it has melted completely into the cream mixture.
- Pour the cream and pumpkin mixture into desired bowls or ramekins.
- Place the containers in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Once panna cotta has set, dust liberally with the gingersnap cookies.