Roasted Organic Chicken with Lime, Tarragon and Agave Glaze Recipe
(makes 4 servings)
1 cup tarragon leaves, packed
1 tb garlic, chopped
½ cup olive oil
2 tb kosher salt
1 ea organic chicken, 3-4 lbs
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup agave nectar
1 cup lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Chop the tarragon leaves very fine. Combine with the garlic, olive oil and salt.
- Rinse the chicken then pat dry.
- Rub the tarragon mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, with the ½ cup of stock, then on the middle rack in the hot oven.
- Combine the agave nectar and limeade into a saucepan.
- Bring the agave mixture to a boil then lower heat to medium. Reduce by 1/3 third. About 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the chicken has been cooking for 20 minutes, baste the chicken with the agave mixture, using a brush. Do this now every 20 minutes until done.
- Bake the chicken for 2 hours total time.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to sit for 20 minutes before cutting