Seared Salmon with White Wine and Lemon Yogurt Dill Sauce Recipe
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 each 6 ounce skinless salmon fillets
4 tbs Mrs. Dash seasoning
2 cups dry white wine
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup low fat mayonnaise
1 cup non fat yogurt
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 1/2 tbs grated lemon zest.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the salmon with Mrs. Dash.
- Place salmon in skillet, flat side up. Sear until brown, about 6 minutes.
- Turn salmon over and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and keep warm. Place the pan back on the stove over medium high heat.
- Combine wine and the shallots in the pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to about 1 cup, about 7 minutes.
- Add the mayonnaise while whisking.
- Bring to a rolling simmer and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- With the pan off the heat whisk in the yogurt with the lemon zest and fresh dill. Re-season as needed.
For those with mouth sores or oral cancers, consider pureeing this recipe. To make one serving:
Combine 1 salmon fillet with 1/4 cup of the yogurt sauce and 1/2 cup warm vegetable stock (or clam juice) into a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust stock for desired consistency.