California Style Turkey Chili Recipe
½ cup olive oil
3 lbs turkey leftovers
1 lb onion, diced
¼ cup garlic, sliced
1 ½ gal chicken stock
2 lbs navy, pinto or red beans
1 cup wheat germ
½ cup cumin, ground
1/3 cup chili powder
1/3 cup Italian herb blend
1/3 cup green olives, sliced
½ cup black olives, sliced
1 lb diced tomatoes, canned with juice
1 ½ cups chopped artichoke hearts, canned with juice
¼ cup sliced Almonds
2 Tbl kosher salt
2 Tbl sugar
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat then add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken stock, beans and turkey.
- Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Simmer for another hour or until desired consistency is reached.
- Re-season as needed.