Oncology Nurse Navigator
Dealing with all the new emotions and decisions surrounding your diagnosis can be overwhelming. To help you through this process, a PAMF Oncology Nurse Navigator is available to provide you with education, support and advocacy. Our goal is to ensure you have the information and support you need throughout your entire cancer experience.
The Oncology Nurse Navigators are liaisons between you, your doctors and your family. They have experience working with people with cancer and understand how challenging the journey can be. They are patient educators, advocates, care coordinators and system navigators and have a goal of improving your cancer care experience.
Throughout your cancer journey, the Oncology Nurse Navigator is there to smooth the way, assisting with appointments and coordinating care among the various cancer specialists.
Your nurse navigator will help you by:
- Serving as a continuous point of contact for you and your family throughout your entire cancer care experience.
- Educating and supporting you in making informed decisions about your care, recovery, and rehabilitation planning
- Coordinating your appointments and facilitate your communications with physicians
- Teaching you and your family members about your treatment and side effect management
- Providing you and your family with support resources at PAMF and the surrounding community