Cosmetic Surgery Facts & Information
Choosing the right cosmetic surgeon to perform your cosmetic surgery is one of the most important steps in achieving your appearance goals. While finding the right cosmetic surgeon may not be easy and requires some time and effort, the results of a quality cosmetic surgery procedure - and experience - are well worth it.
This section is intended to help give you the facts on making the choices that are right for you -- from picking a board certified surgeon, finding an accredited surgical facility, and finally meeting with a surgeon for a consultation to discuss your questions and to be informed.
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics
Top 5 Surgical Procedures in 2011
- Lipoplasty - 325,332
- Breast Augmentation - 316,848
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) - 149,410
- Blepharoplasty (cosmetic eyelid surgery) - 147,540
- Breast Lift - 127,054
Top 5 Nonsurgical Procedures in 2011
- Botulinum Toxin Type A (including Botox and Dysport) - 2,619,739
- Hyaluronic Acid (including Hylaform, Juvederm, Perlane/Restylane) - 1,206,186
- Laser Hair Removal - 919,802
- Microdermabrasion - 499,427
- IPL Laser Treatment - 439,161