Breast Enlargement & Augmentation
Also referred to as breast augmentation or breast enhancement, this cosmetic procedure is designed to make smaller breasts appear larger, balance breasts that are asymmetrical, or restore breast fullness.
At the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, we offer breast enhancements with a difference: pressure-free advice from an experienced medical team that you can trust.
Who is a candidate?
- Desire larger breasts.
- Have a moderate degree of breast sagging and smaller breasts, whose problem can be solved by enlargement only.
- Have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other
- Larger and shapelier breasts.
- A more positive self image.
- A small incision is made under the breast, around the nipple, or under the arm. Then, an implant is inserted either under the breast tissue or under both the breast tissue and the underlying muscle.
- Breast enhancement is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. This means that you will be asleep during the procedure and will recover at home.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient may go home after breast enhancement surgery in an elastic bra (which we provide). The bra helps hold the breasts in the correct position.
- Initial discomfort after breast enhancement is controlled with oral medication.
- Light activities can be resumed as tolerated. Aerobic activities can be started in about three weeks.
An additional procedure that would enhance the result is a mastopexy (breast lift) – if the breasts are saggy in addition to being small.
Dr. Steven Bates discusses breast augmentation and enlargement surgery.
Breast enhancement is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment. Financing is available for many.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome can occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
To learn more about the possibilities presented here, we encourage you to sit down with a member of our medical team. Use our online contact form to request your complimentary first consultation.
PAMF services cities around Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, Cupertino & Morgan Hill.