Accepting new patients
Not Accepting new patients
Only accepting new pediatric patients by referral or siblings of established pediatric patients.
Offers My Health Online
Patient Satisfaction Rating
Palo Alto Center
Thursday, selected mornings
Friday, mornings and afternoons
San Carlos Center
Dr. Gilliam also specializes in dermatitis, laser treatment and systemic lupus erythematosus; and in children, vascular and pigmented birthmarks (including hermagiomas), atopic dermatitis, acne, autoimmune skin conditions in children, congenital skin lesions and viral skin infections (warts and molluscum).
Dr. Gilliam previously served as assistant professor of pediatrics and dermatology at the University of California at San Francisco's Department of Dermatology, Division of Pediatric Dermatology School of Medicine.
Education & Training
University of California, San Diego, 1998
University of California at San Francisco, 1998-1999
University of California at San Francisco, Pediatrics, 1999-2001; University of California at San Francisco, Dermatology, 2001-2004
University of California at San Francisco, Pediatric Dermatology, 2004-2005
Dermatitis, Laser treatment, Systemic lupus erythematosus
Management of pigmented and vascular birthmarks in children, atopic dermatitis in children, pediatric psoriasis, autoimmune skin disease in childhood, pediatric laser surgery and skin surgery
Society for Pediatric Dermatology, Women's Dermatologic Society, American Academy of Dermatology, Volunteer Assistant Clinical Professor at University of California, San Francisco
Dr. Gilliam enjoys spending time with her husband, young son and chocolate labrador retriever. In her free time, she likes to exercise, spend time with friends and family, travel, and cook. She is fortunate enough to have both her mother and sister in the area with whom she enjoys spending time with.
Physician Web Link
1. Hernández-Martín A, Gilliam AE, Baselga E, Vicente A, Lam J, González-Enseñat M, Azorín D, Torrelo A. Hyperpigmented macules on the face of young children: a series of 25 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014 Feb;70(2):288-90.
2. McCalmont TH, Gilliam AE. A subcutaneous lattice-like array of thick collagen is a clue to the diagnosis of stiff skin syndrome. J Cutan Pathol. 2012 Jan;39(1):2-4, 1.
3. Sung JJ, Chen TS, Gilliam AC, McCalmont TH, Gilliam AE. Clinicohistopathological correlations in juvenile localized scleroderma: studies on a subset of children with hypopigmented juvenile localized scleroderma due to loss of epidermal melanocytes. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Aug;65(2):364-73.
4. Chen TS, Goldyne ME, Mathes EF, Frieden IJ, Gilliam AE. Pediatric teledermatology: observations based on 429 consults. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Jan;62(1):61-6.
5. Camarillo D, McCalmont TH, Frieden IJ, Gilliam AE. Two pediatric cases of nonbullous histiocytoid neutrophilic dermatitis presenting as a cutaneous manifestation of lupus erythematosus. Arch Dermatol. 2008 Nov;144(11):1495-8.
6. Liu T, McCalmont TH, Frieden IJ, Williams ML, Connolly MK, Gilliam AE. The stiff skin syndrome: case series, differential diagnosis of the stiff skin phenotype, and review of the literature. Arch Dermatol. 2008 Oct;144(10):1351-9.
Philosophy of Care
I have been in the Bay Area for most of my adult life, but was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. Most of my training was at UCSF, and after completing my pediatric dermatology fellowship, I remained on faculty there for three years. This was an extremely valuable experience for me as it helped to solidify my training—during that time, I continued to receive guidance from my mentors there. I left UCSF in 2008 when my son was born and joined PAMF to practice pediatric dermatology. I feel so fortunate to be practicing medicine in a setting where I am able to take excellent care of patients. I very much value the relationship I develop with my patients and their families.
This physician directory is provided as a convenience to you. It is not intended as a recommendation, referral, or endorsement of any particular provider. Physicians are not employees or agents of Sutter Health or its affiliates. The information is submitted by each doctor and we make no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy of the information. Sutter Health is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on this information. You should verify the accuracy of the information directly with the physician's office.