Tips for Contact Lens Care
Bausch & Lomb encourages contact lens wearers to follow the guidelines below from the American Optometric Association:
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses, as directed by your optometrist and the patient information included with lens care products.
- Rub the contact lenses with your fingers and rinse thoroughly before soaking the lenses overnight in enough multi-purpose solution to completely cover the lens.
- Store lenses in the proper case and replace the case every three months. Clean the case after each use, and keep it open and dry between cleanings.
- Use the proper products to clean and disinfect contact lenses as recommended by your optometrist. Remember: saline solutions and rewetting drops do not disinfect lenses.
- Use only fresh solution to clean and disinfect contact lenses; never re-use old solution. Contact lens solution must be changed every day, even if the lenses are not used daily.
- Always replace old contacts when you get a new contact prescription.