Letter from Chief Executive Officer
The concept for the Palo Alto Medical Foundation’s Specialty Programs originated in a 2005 strategic planning process to map out future programs that would provide excellent care in focused areas of medicine. With the exceptional physician talent in our organization, there appeared to be a terrific opportunity to grow some specialty-specific programs. The vision was to provide superb care for our current local community-based patients, while becoming a destination for consultation and treatment beyond our traditional geographic area.
The following characteristics define a Specialty Program:
- A commitment to be outstanding – in the measurable quality of provided services
- Measurement of everything – outcomes, complications and patient satisfaction – and continuous improvement in all significant metrics
- Participation in clinical research
- Cost efficiency in care delivery
- Physician leadership and direction with the support of the PAMF staff
Richard Slavin, M.D.
Chief Executive Officer
Palo Alto Medical Foundation