A charitable remainder trust offers you many rewards including a new income, tax benefits and the ability to make a significant gift to community health care during you lifetime.
You can set up the trust using:
- Real Estate
- An income tax deduction
- Estate tax relief
- Avoiding capital gains tax by giving appreciated stock or property - such as an unwanted rental property or an unused vacation home
- For life
- A set number of years that you choose
- To you and any other person
- As a variable amount that may grow over time
- As a fixed amount determined at the time the trust is created
- Support your favorite program or service
- Endow a named department chair
- Provide for perpetual funding of a program
Definition of charitable remainder trust - A tax-exempt irrevocable trust designed to reduce the taxable income of individuals by first dispersing income to the beneficiaries of the trust for a set time and then donating the remainder amounts of the trust to the designated charity.
Feel free to contact us if you have a question or want more information. Thank you for being our partner in health care.