Hysterectomies & Other Surgeries Using the da Vinci Robotic System
Minimally Invasive SurgeryTraditional open gynecologic surgery, using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy, has for many years been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. Yet with open surgery can come significant pain, trauma, a long recovery process and threat to surrounding organs and nerves.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option. Through tiny, 1-2 cm incisions, surgeons using the da Vinci System can operate with greater precision and control, minimizing the pain and risk associated with large incisions while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and excellent clinical outcomes.
da Vinci Surgery enables gynecologists to perform the most precise, minimally invasive hysterectomy available today. For most women, da Vinci Hysterectomy offers numerous potential benefits over traditional open surgery, including:
- Significantly less pain
- Minimal blood loss and need for transfusion
- Fewer complications
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
- Better outcomes and patient satisfaction, in many cases
- Surpassing the limits of conventional laparoscopic surgery, da Vinci is revolutionizing gynecologic surgery for women.
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Removal of ovarian cysts and tumors
- Pelvic and aortic lymph node dissections
- Radical hysterectomy
- Endometriosis resection
- Vaginal suspension procedures for pelvic prolapse (sacrocolpopexies)
Back to top
"Today, there are so many options in treating cancers," Dr. Chen adds. "As specialists in gynecologic oncology, we can educate patients about all of the treatment choices available to them."