Other Conditions With Symptoms Similar to Peptic Ulcer
Many other conditions may cause symptoms similar to those of a Reference peptic ulcer Opens New Window. These conditions may include:
- Reference Nonulcer dyspepsia.
- Reference Gallstones Opens New Window.
- Reference Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) Opens New Window.
- Reference Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) Opens New Window.
- Reference Crohn's disease Opens New Window.
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
- Infection with certain parasites, such as Reference giardiasis Opens New Window.
- Infection with certain viruses, such as Reference cytomegalovirus (CMV) Opens New Window.
- Stomach cancer.
- Reference Lymphoma Opens New Window.
- Psychiatric disorders.
- Other digestive diseases and conditions that cause impaired digestion and malabsorption, such as Reference celiac disease Opens New Window.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 4, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Jerome B. Simon, MD, FRCPC, FACP - Gastroenterology