Prazosin for PTSD
Side effects include:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension).
- A slow heart rate (Reference bradycardia Opens New Window).
- A cough or wheezing, which means the airways that carry air to the lungs are narrowing (Reference bronchospasm Opens New Window).
- Thinking and acting more slowly.
- Stuffy nose, headache, and swelling in the legs. These are rare side effects.
See Drug Reference for a full list of side effects. (Drug Reference is not available in all systems.)
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: January 13, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Jessica Hamblen, PhD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder