The following tips may prevent chest problems or injuries.
- Stay in good overall physical shape. Do stretching and range-of-motion (ROM) exercises for your arms and shoulders.
- Maintain good posture. Stand straight and relaxed, without slumping.
- Warm up well and stretch before any activity.
- Wear protective gear during contact sports or recreational activities, such as hockey or football.
- Wear your seat belt when in a motor vehicle.
- Make sure your child's backpack is the right size with good support. Carrying heavy backpacks may increase his or her risk of chest problems or injury.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference September 25, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference David Messenger, MD