Cardiac Enzyme Studies
What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Other diseases, such as Reference muscular dystrophy Opens New Window, certain Reference autoimmune diseases Opens New Window, and Reference Reye syndrome Opens New Window.
- Other heart conditions, such as Reference myocarditis Opens New Window and some forms of Reference cardiomyopathy.
- Emergency measures to treat heart problems, such as Reference CPR Opens New Window, cardioversion, or defibrillation.
- Medicines, especially injections into muscles (IM injections).
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines (statins).
- Heavy alcohol use.
- Recent strenuous exercise.
- Reference Kidney failure Opens New Window.
- Recent surgery or serious injury.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference August 5, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Rakesh K. Pai, MD, FACC - Cardiology, Electrophysiology
Reference George Philippides, MD - Cardiology