What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Pregnancy. A venogram is not usually done during pregnancy because the radiation from the X-rays could harm the unborn baby (Reference fetus Opens New Window).
- The inability to stay still during the test.
Arm or leg venogram
- Putting any weight on the leg being tested may stop the dye from moving through the leg veins properly.
- Moving your arm or leg may affect how the dye moves.
- In rare cases, foot veins are too small to put the dye into for the test.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference June 28, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Howard Schaff, MD - Diagnostic Radiology