Carbon Dioxide Laser Surgery for Abnormal Cervical Cell Changes
What To Expect After Surgery
Most women are able to return to normal activity within 2 to 3 days after surgery. Recovery time will depend on how much was done during the procedure.
After laser surgery
- A watery vaginal discharge may occur for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Pads should be used instead of tampons for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Sexual intercourse should be avoided for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Douching should not be done.
When to call your doctor
Call your doctor for any of these symptoms:
- A fever
- Heavy bleeding (more than you would usually have during a menstrual period)
- Increasing pelvic pain
- Bad-smelling or yellowish vaginal discharge, which may point to an infection
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: December 28, 2010|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology