Healthwise Self-Care Checklist
Step 1. Observe the Problem
- When did it start? What are the symptoms?
- If you have pain, is it a dull ache or stabbing pain? Is it constant or does it go away and come back? Is it related to certain movements or activities?
- Measure your vital signs: temperature, Reference pulse Opens New Window Reference Opens New Window, breaths (respiration rate), and Reference blood pressure Opens New Window.
- Think back:
- Have you had this problem before?
- What did you do for it?
- Have there been any recent changes in your life (such as stress, medicines, food, exercise)?
- Does anyone else at home or work have these symptoms?
- How concerned are you about the problem?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference August 13, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine