What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Bones above the area being studied or gas in the intestines.
- Not being able to remain still during the test.
- Extreme Reference obesity Opens New Window.
- Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or heart disease, which may cause changes in blood flow patterns even though the blood vessels are not abnormal.
- Having a cold arm or leg. Blood flow through that limb may be slowed.
- Having an open wound in the area that needs to be viewed.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference December 5, 2010|
|Medical Review:||Reference Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Howard Schaff, MD - Diagnostic Radiology