Catecholamines in Urine
What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Doing physical exercise.
- Having extreme emotional stress.
- Having surgery, injury, or illness.
- Taking certain medicines, such as aspirin, nitroglycerin, tricyclic antidepressants, tetracycline, theophylline, or some blood pressure medicines.
- Using nicotine, alcohol (ethanol), or cocaine.
- Taking nonprescription cough, cold, or sinus medicines.
- Eating or drinking foods with caffeine.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference June 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Alan C. Dalkin, MD - Endocrinology