Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
Questions to prepare for your appointment
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Who did the tattoo? Where is the tattoo artist located?
- When did you have the tattoo?
- Where on your body is the tattoo? Have you had previous tattoos?
- What are your main symptoms? When did your symptoms start?
- Were sterile instruments used?
- What home treatment measures have you used to clean or treat your tattoo? Be sure to include any nonprescription ointments or creams you have applied to the tattoo.
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- When was your last Reference tetanus shot?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference May 3, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine