Side effects are common with fludarabine and can include:
- Severe rapid destruction of red blood cells (Reference hemolytic anemia Opens New Window).
- Decreased Reference platelet Opens New Window counts (Reference thrombocytopenia Opens New Window), which may lead to bleeding in the digestive tract, causing Reference tarry stools Opens New Window.
- Joint pain.
- Blood in urine or stools.
- Blurred vision.
- Chest pain or discomfort.
- Cough, wheezing, hoarseness, or shortness of breath.
- Fever or chills.
- General feeling of discomfort or illness (malaise).
- Mouth sores (stomatitis).
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Painful, burning, or difficult urination.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia).
- Hair loss (uncommon side effect).
See Drug Reference for a full list of side effects. (Drug Reference is not available in all systems.)
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: March 29, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Douglas A. Stewart, MD - Medical Oncology