Mindfulness Program at PAMF
Mindfulness is calm awareness of one's body functions, feelings, content of consciousness, or consciousness itself. Clinical research shows that mindfulness techniques can help alleviate anxiety, stress and depression.
The program was developed in the early 1980s by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., a University of Massachusetts molecular biologist who studied Buddhist meditation and incorporated its key principles into a course harnessing the link between mind and body.
The core class is the 8 session, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction class that is held in Fremont, Mountain View, Palo Alto and Santa Cruz. An orientation session is held a week or so before the beginning of the next class if you would like to learn more before joining.
PAMF has a dedicated staff of mindfulness teachers in our core program who will help you connect your mind and body in new and exciting ways. Click here to learn more about the teachers of our core class.
Choose the class and location most convenient to you from the list below:
- Mind-Body Stress Management - 3 Sessions, Tuesdays (Fremont)
- Mindfulness Orientation (Fremont)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction - 8 Sessions (Fremont)
- Mind-Body Stress Management - 3 Sessions (Mountain View)
- Mindfulness Orientation (Mountain View)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction - 8 Sessions (Mountain View)