Setting Weight-Loss Goals
Setting goals is an important tool for managing your weight. Think about why you want to lose weight, and then set your goals. Also, prepare for slip-ups.
Ask yourself the following:
- Do your goals focus primarily on behavior changes or on achieving a certain weight?
- Is your main goal to improve your health or your appearance?
- Do your goals include changes you can live with for the rest of your life?
- Are the goals you wish to achieve your goals or someone else's?
- Do you think your life will be better (you will be happier, people will accept you more, your life will be more exciting) if you lose weight?
- Do you think that if you could just lose your extra weight, you would then be able to keep it off?
- Is your appearance more important to you than your health?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference April 6, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Ali Tavakkolizadeh, MD, FRCS - General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery