Tips for Picking the Right Activities
- Ask yourself questions to discover your physical activity likes and dislikes.
- Pick an activity that you enjoy or think you might enjoy. You're more likely to keep doing something you like.
- Be sure you have the correct safety gear and good shoes for physical activity.
- Learn about Reference fitness machines you may use (such as a treadmill or a stair-climber). See these Reference tips for buying equipment.
- Learn the proper way to do your activity. And be aware of safety concerns.
To find out how many calories you burn during various activities, use this Reference Interactive Tool: How Many Calories Did You Burn? Reference
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference October 25, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Heather Chambliss, PhD - Exercise Science