Community Health Resource Centers (CHRC)
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) has Community Health Resource Centers (CHRC) in several locations including Dublin, Fremont, Mountain View, Sunnyvale and Palo Alto. The centers are open to PAMF patients and other members of the community and services are provided at no cost. If you are unable to visit one of our centers, you can request assistance in researching health information by submitting a Research Assistance form.
Services & Locations
Our staff of nurse health educators and specialists is available to help visitors use the many resources:
- Information on community resources
- Access to health information websites
- Consumer-oriented health reference books
- Medical textbooks
- Health newsletters
- Educational videotapes and DVDs
- InfoTrac reference system
Additional services offered at the CHRCs are listed below. Services vary by location. Appointments are required for some services.
- Advance Health Care Directive Counseling (all locations)
- Blood Pressure Checks (Mountain View & Sunnyvale)
- Breast Self Examination Instruction (Dublin, Fremont, Palo Alto)
- HICAP Counseling for Medicare or Medicare eligible visitors (Mountain View & Sunnyvale)
- Testicular Self Examination Instruction (Fremont, Palo Alto)
Back to top
Locations & Hours
Mountain View CHRC
701 E. El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
Phone: (650) 934-7380
Mountain View Center Google Map
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Back to top
Palo Alto CHRC
301 Old San Francisco Rd., 2nd Floor
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Sunnyvale Center Google Map
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Back to top
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Learn about hereditary breast and ovarian cancer and your risk for having a BRCA gene mutation with the Know:BRCA Online Tool, a collaboration of the Centers for Disease Control and the Bright Pink organization.
View previously recommended resources of the month
* Take our survey -- We would like to hear about your experience at one of our Community Resource Centers.
enki is an electronic book (eBook) catalog where you can learn something new and discover useful information on whatever topics are of interest or importance to you! Over 40,000+ free eBooks are available for checkout easily from your computer desktop, mobile device, or Kindle. All that’s required is an internet connection and an Adobe Digital Editions download for (PCs/Mac) or Blue Fire Reader download for (Android, iOS). Ten books can be borrowed at a time and the lending period is up to three weeks. Titles are offered in English/Spanish. Contact your local Community Health Resource Center (CHRC) to learn how you can access and use enki with your Public Library card.
Keep up on the latest health articles, events and wellness tips. Join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our blog.
Join the conversation: