Community Health Resource Centers (CHRC)
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) has Community Health Resource Centers (CHRC) in several locations including Dublin, Fremont, Mountain View and Palo Alto. The CHRCs are open to PAMF patients and other members of the community and services are provided at no cost. If you are unable to visit one of our centers, you can request assistance in researching health information by submitting a Research Assistance form.
Services & Locations
Registered nurse health educators, trained staff and volunteers are available to help visitors use the many resources:
- Information on community resources
- Access to health information websites
- Consumer-oriented health reference books
- Medical textbooks
- Health newsletters
- Educational videotapes and DVDs
- InfoTrac reference system
Additional services offered at the CHRCs are listed below. Services vary by location. Appointments are required for some services.
- Advance Health Care Directive Counseling (all locations)
- Blood Pressure Checks (Mountain View)
- Breast Self Examination Instruction (Dublin, Fremont, Palo Alto)
- HICAP Counseling for Medicare or Medicare eligible visitors (Mountain View)
- Testicular Self Examination Instruction (Fremont, Palo Alto)
Back to top
Locations & Hours
Mountain View HRC
701 E. El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
Mountain View Center Google Map
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Back to top
Palo Alto CHRC
Mind/Body Health: The effects of Attitudes, Emotions, and Relationships
Author: Keith Karren, Brent Hafen, N. Lee Smith, and Kathryn J. Frandsen
Mind/Body Health: The effects of Attitudes, Emotions, and Relationships details the latest scientific proof that attitudes and emotions do indeed affect physical health and can play a major role in the treatment and prevention of disease. This book presents solid foundation of evidence that negative emotions increase susceptibility to disease, and that positive emotions can protect health and increase longevity. Visit the Fremont Health Resource Center to check this book out and more!
View previously recommended books of the month
* Take our survey -- We would like to hear about your experience at one of our Community Resource Centers.
Keep up on the latest health articles, events and wellness tips. Join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our blog.
Join the conversation: