Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
PAMF is an official site for the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP). We offer free, one-hour appointments with a trained counselor for persons with Medicare or who are Medicare eligible. To Schedule an appointment at our Mountain View or Sunnyvale location please call (650) 934-7380. To schedule an appointment at our Palo Alto location please call (650) 614-3200.
Mountain View Center
701 E. El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
Phone: (650) 934-7380
Mountain View Center Google Map
301 Old San Francisco Road, 2nd Floor
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Phone: (408) 730-2810
Sunnyvale Center Google Map
Palo Alto Center
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Palo Alto Center Google Map
To schedule an appointment at the Palo Alto location:
Santa Clara County residents: please call (650) 614-3200.
San Mateo County residents: please call (650) 627-9350 and request an appointment at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) is a volunteer-supported program that provides unbiased information to help Medicare beneficiaries make the best choices for their individual health care needs. The California Department of Aging administers HICAP services.
HICAP offers information and counseling on:
- Medicare benefits and rights
- Changes in Medicare and Medicare-related coverage
- How to appeal Medicare fee-for-service and HMO denials of coverage
- Legal help and representation at Medicare appeals and administrative hearings
- Private supplemental insurance (MediGap) coverage
- Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage
- Medicare Advantage plans (formerly known as Medicare HMOs) and Medicare+Choice plans
- Retiree or employer group health coverage
- Long-term care insurance
- Health care consumer rights
- Referral to community-based social and aging program services
Back to top