The Palo Alto Medical Foundation has orthopedic clinics and surgeons available throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We have doctors in Burlingame, Dublin, Fremont, Los Gatos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Carlos and Santa Cruz.
Orthopedic surgeons specialize in the diagnosis, care and treatment of the muscle and skeletal system of the body, which includes:
Orthopedic treatments may include surgery, physical rehabilitation or medicine to treat problems. Orthopedists also work closely with your primary care doctor and other specialists to coordinate care.
Common conditions which require an orthopedist include:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Abnormalities of the fingers and toes and growth abnormalities
- Club foot and unequal leg length
- Torn ligaments, sprains and strains
- Ruptured disks, sciatica, low back pain and scoliosis
- Knock knees, bow legs, bunions and hammer toes
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Tendon injuries, pulled muscles and bursitis
- Bone tumors, muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy