Palo Alto Center | Palliative Care
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation’s innovative Geriatrics and Palliative Care programs have pioneered the delivery of compassionate care with an interdisciplinary focus that addresses patients' physical, emotional and social well being.
These departments share a new space in the Guzik Family Center for Palliative and Geriatric Services on the Palo Alto campus.
Specially designed as a calm, inviting atmosphere for exams and consultations, this department offers a number of clinical services including:
- Geriatric medicine specialty consultation: comprehensive evaluations to assess care solutions to meet the needs of patients, family members and care providers.
- Palliative care consultation and coordination: specialized medical care for people with serious, life-limiting illness and their families that can help to alleviate their symptoms, pain and stress.
- Supportive services that empower patients to stay active in managing their medications and their health conditions to improve their quality of life.
- Advance care planning to help patients of any age identify treatment and care preferences in the event of a medical crisis.
- Shared medical appointments conducted by trained geriatricians to empower patients with individualized action plans that enable them to proactively address their own health needs.
- Specialized care in nursing facilities to improve transitional post-hospital care of patients with complex needs so that they can return home safely.
About the Guzik Family Center for Geriatrics and Palliative Care
"The aging journey leads to joyous victories, as well as challenges that test one’s mind, body, and soul. Each day, Palo Alto Medical Foundation’s geriatrics and palliative care teams strive to deliver the absolute best care possible to help patients navigate their unique journeys. Our ultimate dream is to become the epicenter of what’s right in caring for older adults and patients with chronic illness. The Guzik Family Center for Geriatrics & Palliative Care will be essential to realizing this dream."
–Peter H. Cheng, M.D., PAMF Palo Alto Geriatrics Leader
Palo Alto Center
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Located on Level A in the Jamplis Building at the Palo Alto Center, the Center is close to accessible parking, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology and oncology.