Parents & Teachers:
Resources on General Health
Preteen and teen health are important issues for every parent. This section of our site is devoted to helping parents deal with adolescent topics and issues. Here you will find articles written for parents of preteens and teens, outside resources, links to relevant PAMF content for kids and recommended books.
- Bright Futures Brochure, Adolescence: This Bright Futures brochure addresses an array of issues surrounding adolescence. It provides great information on development, behaviors, family preparations, strengths & weaknesses during adolescence, and more. It also includes exciting and colorful visual aids, charts, lists and maps.
- Adolescent Growth and Development: This Web site is designed for parents to address the physical, cognitive, and psycho-social development of their teens. The site includes explanations about what is happening to teens, how these changes affect teens, and how parents deal with these changes.
- BAM! Body and Mind: Designed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for kids 9 to 13 years old, this Web site gives preteens the information they need to make healthy lifestyle choices. It includes information for kids on disease, food & nutrition, physical activity, safety, life, and their bodies. Other fun resources include game room, activity calendar, quizzes, and feature animations.
- Kids' Health: This Web site from the Nemours Foundation provides health information for parents of preteens. The Web site includes information on general health, infections, emotions & behavior, growth & development, medical problems, positive parenting, doctors & hospitals, and more.
- Teen Health: This teen Web site from The Nemours Foundation addresses issues ranging from sexual health to nutrition and mental issues. It includes resources such as quizzes, peer discussions on personal problems, ask-the-experts, and fun facts.
Back to top