Parents & Teachers:
Children & Sports FAQs
Dr. Sally Harris is a physician in the Pediatrics and Sports Medicine Departments at PAMF and an expert in children and sports medicine. Below is a list that she has compiled consisting of a number of frequently asked questions that she receives from parents about sports and children.
- Coed sports and children?
- Do I have an awkward child?
- Encouraging kids to play more?
- How can I tell if my child is developing an overuse injury?
- How do I prevent dehydration in children?
- How should I choose a sports program for my child?
- Initially Treating Sports Injury – R.I.C.E.
- Is it OK for my nine-year-old child to participate in a contact sport like football?
- Is it safe for pre-pubertal children to lift weights?
- Safe sports for kids?
- Should a child stretch before exercising?
- Should my child participate in P.E. at School?
- Too much sports practice for kids?
- Training programs for kids?
- What activities are best for my child?
- What are the most common types of injuries for children in sports?
Back to top
Reviewed by: Adolescent Interest Group
Last reviewed: August 2013