Teen and Preteen Relationships
Maintaining healthy relationships -- whether romantic, peer or professional -- is an important part of life. As parents, you want your child to create these healthy relationships without taking risks for which he or she is not fully prepared. This page provides you resources for helping cultivate healthy relationships in your child's life.
PAMF Content for Parents
PAMF Content for Your Preteen
- Family Problem Solving
- Friends: Starting From the Bottom Up
- Home and Family
- Meeting New People at Middle School
- Peer Pressure
- Teachers and Students
- VOSP -- Conflict Resolution Skills for Preteens
PAMF Content for Your Teen
- Children's Social Life: This section of the NYC Child Study Center provides links to articles and publications on social interactions. It includes articles on parent-child relationships, peer relationships, and other social skills .
- Go Ask Alice: Website is a health question and answer Internet service produced by Alice!, Columbia University's Health Promotion Program. It works to provide readers with reliable, accessible, culturally competent information and a range of thoughtful perspectives so that they can make responsible decisions concerning their health and well-being. It includes information on alcohol, fitness, nutrition, emotional health, sexuality, general health and relationships. The site's three primary features are Q&As of the Week, Ask Alice! Archives and Submit a Question.
- Teen Dating: A Mom's Guide: This WebMD article was first featured in Good Housekeeping. The article explains the changing teenage dating culture and how parents can protect their child from the harmful aspects of this new dating culture.
- The Teen Survival Guide to Dating and Relating: Real World Advice on Guys, Girls, Growing UP, and Getting Along by Annie Fox, M.Ed.
- Unhooked: How Young Women Pursue Sex, Delay Love, and Lose at Both by Laura Sessions Stepp
- Beyond the Big Talk: Every Parent's Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy preteens- From Middle School to High School and Beyond by Debra W. Haffner
- From Diapers to Dating: A Parent's Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Children by Debra W. Haffner