Responsible Choices for Adolescents
As a parent, you are trying to raise a child who will become a responsible, reliable adult. As your child develops, you have to give your child more freedom and independence to grow. Along the way, though, you can help your preteen or teen make responsible choices.
PAMF Content for Parents
PAMF Content for Your Preteen
PAMF Content for Your Teen
- The Cool Spot: This Web site is an online destination for 11- to 13-year olds. Engaging games and graphics deliver important messages about the risks of underage drinking and ways to resist peer pressure. It includes sections such as "Facts About Alcohol"; "Too Much, Too Soon, Too Risky"; Peer Pressure"; "Meet Your Expectations"; "The Right to Resist"; and "Real Life."
- Leadership to Keep Children Alcohol Free: This is a Web site for the initiative to prevent the use of alcohol by children ages 9 to 15. It is the only national effort that focuses on alcohol use in this age group. The site includes information on statistics, research, prevention resources, what you can do, legislation, weekly update and leadership publications.
- Parents' Sex Ed Center: Advocates For Youth's website for parents. Advocates communication between parents and their children to help young people establish individual values and make healthy decisions. Includes tips for parents, growth and development information, multimedia materials, columns by renowned experts, exercises to help you begin, favorite features, and publications and resources for families.
- I Want It Now: Navigating Childhood in a Materialistic World by Donna Bee-Gates
- The Price of Privilege: How Parental Pressure and Material Advantage are Creating a Generation of Disconnected and Unhappy Kids by Madeline Levine
- Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks for Developing Capable Young People by Stephen H. Glenn and Jane Nelson, Ed.D.
Have you read one of the books we have reviewed?