Stress in Teens
Stress is one of the most pervasive problems adolescents face today. It can affect sleep, nutrition, health, body image, self esteem, academics, decision making, mental health and many other serious life issues. This page provides resources for recognizing and dealing with adolescent stress.
PAMF Content for Your Preteen
PAMF Content for Your Teen
- 7 Tips to Relieve Stress
- Academic Stress: Good or Bad?
- Fear of Failing
- Life Balance
- Managing Your Stress
- Signs You Are Stressed
- Stress and Time Management
- What Stresses Teens Out?
- Children, Teens, and Resiliency: The American Academy of Pediatrics Web site for parents provides a step-by-step process to managing your children's stress. The site also provides a "for teens only" page where kids can create their own personal stress guides.
- Girls and Boys Town: This Web site provides tips for parents to help children through stress.
- Change Your Mind About Mental Health: The APA Web site for teens discusses mental health issues and treatments. Includes stories as examples, help how-to tips and the article in .pdf format.
- Operation Respect: This Web site provides strategies and ideas for parents to help teens manage their emotions, including "Kid's Corner," "Educator's Ave." and "Parent's Place."
- Cliques, Phonies and Other Baloney by Trevor Romain
- The Over-Scheduled Child: Avoiding the Hyper-Parenting Trap by Alan Rosenfeld and Nicole Wise
- Doing School: How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed-Out, Materialistic and Miseducated Students by Denise Clark Pope
- Stress Can Really Get on Your Nerves! by Trevor Romain and Elizabeth Verdick
Have you read one of the books we have reviewed?