Body Art in Teens and Preteens
Body art is often a contentious subject between parents and their children. This page provides information for you on the possible health consequences of piercings and tattoos to help you and your child make informed decisions about body art.
PAMF for Parents
PAMF Content for Your Preteen
PAMF Content for Your Teen
- Body Art
- Body Art Facts and Fiction
- Diseases from Piercing Question
- FAQs about Piercing
- Hepatitis C Virus
- Hepatitis B: How much do you know?: This NFID Web site concerning hepatitis B (tattooing and body piercing are strong risk factors for Hepatitis B infection). It explains what Hepatitis B is, what the risk factors are, how to protect yourself from infection and important Hepatitis B facts. It includes links to other infectious disease Web sites and featured programs.
- Hepatitis B Transmission: Hepatitis B Foundation Web site about high risk groups for Hepatitis B. Resources include diagnosis and management, living with Hepatitis B, treatment options, prevention and vaccination and FAQs.
- Simple Fact Sheet: Hepatitis C: The AIDS Treatment Data Network Web site that provides background information about Hepatitis C, an occasional byproduct of tattooing and body piercing. It includes sections on: defining Hepatitis C, transmission, symptoms, diagnostic testing, monitoring disease progression, HCV treatment, side effects, Ribavirin/pregnancy warning, and paying for treatment.