Growth in Adolescents
The transition from childhood to adulthood is one of the toughest, most confusing periods for any individual. The teenage years between ages 12 and 20 are often bewildering, enlightening, emotional, conflicting and sometimes disheartening for your child. This page provides you with information about how to navigate this difficult phase.
PAMF Content for Parents
- Preparing for a Girl's First Period
- Teen Growth & Development: 11-14 Years
- Teen Growth & Development: 15-17 Years
- Teen Health Issues and Concerns
PAMF Content for Your Preteen
- Dealing with Emotional Changes
- Physical Changes for Boys
- Puberty- Changes for Females
- Puberty For Girls
- Stretch Marks
PAMF Content for Your Teen
- Adolescence: This Bright Futures brochure addresses an array of issues surrounding adolescence. It provides great information on development, behaviors, family preparations, strengths and weaknesses during adolescence, and more. It also includes exciting and colorful visual aids, charts, lists and maps.
- Adolescent Growth and Development: This Web site is designed for parents to address the physical, cognitive and psycho-social development of their teens. The site includes explanations about what is happening to teens, how these changes affect teens and how parents deal with these changes.
- BAM!: Designed for kids 9 to 13 years old, BAM! Body and Mind gives them the information they need to make healthy lifestyle choices. It includes information for kids on disease, food and nutrition, physical activity, safety, life and their bodies. Other fun resources include game room, activity calendar, quizzes and feature animations.
- Kid's Health: This Web site from the Nemours Foundation provides health information for parents of preteens. The Website includes information on general health, infections, emotions and behavior, growth and development, medical problems, positive parenting, doctors and hospitals, and more.
- Parents Guide to Skin Protection: The American Cancer Society is a Web site for parents about the importance of sun protection. It includes facts, tips and links to additional information.
- Preteen Alliance: The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health Web site promotes the emotional and behavioral health of preteens. It includes preteen data, support groups, discussion forums, news, research and other resources.
- The Period Book: Everything You Don't Want to Ask (But Need to Know) by Karen Gravelle and Jennifer Gravelle
- Surviving Ophelia: Mothers Share Their Wisdom in Navigating the Tumultuous Teenage Years by Cheryl Dellasega