Preteens and Celebrations
Celebrations are a great way to mark the passage of important and memorable events. There are all types of celebrations: national, religious and personal. While your child may happily participate in your family's celebrations, often he or she may not understand the significance of the event. This page provides helpful information for all types of holidays so you and your child may appreciate the event even more.
PAMF Content for Parents
PAMF Content for Your Preteen
- Celebrate Holidays in the USA: This U.S. Information Agency Web site provides a brief description of the history and customs associated with holidays in the United States.
- The December Dilemma: This pamphlet distributed by Parents Place takes a look at seasonal stress, materialism and family dilemmas. It aims to establish meaningful family rituals and traditions.
- The History of the Holidays: This History Channel Web site provides great information on the history of many different holidays. The graphics and interactive features are especially fun.
- Celebrations Around the World by Carole S. Angell
- Children Just Like Me: Celebrations! by Anabel Kindersley and Barnabas Kindersley
- Kids Around the World Celebrate!: The Best Feasts and Festivals from Many Lands by Lynda Jones
Have you read one of the books we have reviewed?