Pediatric Prediabetes Services at PAMF
Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) pediatric endocrinologists offer consultation and treatment for children with prediabetes and other endocrine disorders. Our mission is to provide up-to-date and comprehensive care for these children and their families, and to prevent complications of these conditions.
About the Prediabetes Program
- Age 3-18
- Body mass index (BMI) greater than 85th percentile
- At least one cholesterol or blood sugar-related abnormality on laboratory testing through the patient's regular physician
Patient visits are based on a team approach, with combined doctor and nutritionist appointments (30 minutes each) in which the following are covered:
- Assessment for hormonal causes of obesity
- Review of the patient's diet and exercise regimen
- Discussion of lab abnormalities
- Development of an individualized management plan tailored to the patient/family's specific needs
After the initial patient visit, we see patients one month later, then typically every 3 months thereafter. Visits are generally preceded by a lab test in order to follow the patient's progress with regard to obesity-related lab abnormalities.
- Sayali Ranadive, M.D., pediatric endocrinologist
- Diane Suchet, M.D., pediatric endocrinologist
- Julia Nordgren, M.D., pediatrician, lipid specialist, certified chef
- Mona Luke-Zeitoun, M.D., pediatric pulmonologist and exercise medicine specialist
Currently, the program sees patients at our Fremont, Palo Alto, Los Altos and Mountain View Centers.